- Series: General Topics
- Scripture: Nehemiah
What it Takes to Rebuild a Wall Nehemiah 1-2
If My people who are called by My Name will humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. -2 Chronicles 7:14
2 Chronicles 6:36-39
When we are at our lowest point God wants us to know that if we remember God and His promises He’ll move again in our ___________________ for His glory!
What it takes to rebuild a wall:
1. To rebuild a wall you have to start by getting your _________ straight 1:1-3
The Psalmist asked, “If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?”
2. To rebuild a wall you have to ________________ your heart on God 1:4-7
Nehemiah confesses that ____________ he and the nation have sinned against God
3. To rebuild a wall you have to __________ on God’s promises 1:8-11
Nehemiah knew that if the walls were going to be rebuilt it would start with his renewed emphasis on God and His promises.
“My people’s greatest need is my personal holiness.” -Robert McCheyne
4. To rebuild a wall you have to go ________________ the point of no return 2:1-8
Reliance on God often expresses itself in taking ____________ steps
“Expect great things (from God); Attempt great things (for God).” -William Carey
Add Value wherever you are – God may use the _____________ you have built up someday to accomplish something He wants to do through you!
5. If you want to rebuild a wall, be prepared for __________________ 2:9-11
Don’t ask, what will happen to me if I reach out?
Ask, what will happen to _______________ if I do not?