- Series: Special Speaker
- Scripture: John 3:16
- For God…the greatest (the only source of creation & salvation)
- so…the greatest(speech emphasis)
- loved…the greatest (emotion)
- he world…the greatest
- that He gave…the greatest(what love)
- His only…the greatest
- begotten…the greatest (unique)
- Son…the greatest
- that whosoever…the greatest
- believes…the greatest (who you gonna believe in??)
- in Him…the greatest
- should not perish…the greatest
- but have…the greatest
- eternal…the greatest
- life…the greatest
So this text tells us certain great things:
- It tells us that the in all salvation lies with God. No one had to persuade God to forgive.
- It tells us that the very essence of God’s being is .
- It tells us of the of the love of God
Romans 5:8- But God commendeth His love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 8:1a- There is therefore now NO condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus…
Augustine said: “God loves each one of us as if there was only one of us to love.”