In the Name of JesusSpeaker:
Dr. Danny Campbell
This young convert was deeply impressed and determined to make these the rules of his life. From that day onward throughout his life he made it a rule to spend the first moments of his day alone with God and God's Word. Before he read a letter, looked at a paper or even read a telegram, he went first to the Bible, that the first impression of the day might be what he got directly from God.
- Series: Acts Study
- Scripture: Acts 2:21-42
In the Name of Jesus Acts 2:21-42
The sermon in verses 22-36 is Peter’s exposition of verse 21.
The prophet Joel had written, “Whoever calls on the name of YHWH will be saved.”
Two implications from verse 21 V. 21
1. If you call on the name of the Lord you will be saved!
2. You better get the name of the Lord ________________ or you won’t be saved!
Three proofs that Jesus is the Messiah and Lord:
1. Jesus’ _______________ life, atoning death, and resurrection V. 22-24
Isaiah 53:5-6, 10-12
2. Jesus is the Son of David, _______________ David’s prophecy V. 25-32
3. Jesus is alive in Heaven and has __________________ out the Holy Spirit today V. 32-36
The Holy Spirit ___________________ the crowd V. 37
What all sinners need to do in the name of the Lord V. 38-42
Peter calls for an inward response to be followed by an outward response; the inward response before God, the outward response before _________________.
To repent is to ________________________ your mind.
The first outward act called for after salvation is to be _____________ in His name.
In Matthew 28:19 Jesus said new disciples are to baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
That day 3,000 were saved and baptized!
Think of it: in one day the church went from 120 people to 3,120 people!